A license to access a Kanopy is not inexpensive (the typical license costs $150 per year), therefore we encourages instructors to consider other sources as appropriate, including the library's AVON collection (which provides unlimited access to all videos at no additional cost). We are also committed to support instructional and curricular needs, including renewing licenses to specific Kanopy videos as appropriate.
If the library has already licensed a video from Kanopy, instructors using a Kanopy video as part of their courses can request the library renew the license.
To request the library renew an existing license for a specific Kanopy video:
Send the following information via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The title of the video
2. Your name
3. The department, course number(s), and course name(s) where the video will be used
1. Visit the Stanislaus State Kanopy service
2. Search for desired video
3. Click on the desired entry to display the record for that title
You may have to scroll down past current videos to see unsubscribed videos, and the exact match in unlicensed titles.
4. Click on the picture to play the video.
5. If the video is not licensed, a request form should appear.
Enter your name, status (e.g. faculty), email, and the reason the video is needed into the form.
6. Requests essential to course curriculum (e.g. required by faculty for all students to watch) will be prioritized.
7. Videos with current licenses that have not expired other questions can be directed to: email@example.com